Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Gone but not Forgotten

Some stars who who passed away  to young

Tu Pac

1971 - 1996



I was and am  a big big fan of Pac, I was westside when i was younger (even though I lived in the UK), still love up biggies music, but Pac brought something extra to the stage.  Pac wasn't just about amazing lyrics he was a full package a performer, a actor, he was a icon.  No doubt in my mind best hip hop star that ever was and will be. 
Aaliyah

1979 - 2001


Aaliyah, 'oh my days' where to I start, the princess of r'n'b soul, my first actual celebrity female who I was in love with.  She was and is a star, I fell in love with her voice and with her, the baggy jeans, the over sized shades, with everything I guess. 

Kurt Cobain

1967 - 1994


Kurt Cobain one of the most famous rock stars ever, everyone knows this image even if they are not a fan.  I'm not going to lie I am not the biggest nirvana fan but I am more intrigued by Kurt's suicide and what makes celebs who we think have the world end up killing themselves.  The struggles of depression, drugs, illness... def a star who is gone but wont be forgotten...

Amy Winehouse

1983 - 2011


I have a whole blog post dedicated to Amy and how much I was in love with that voice that made here the ICON she is today.  The hair, the drugs. the alcohol., the relationships - the star who will never be forgotten...

Lisa 'left eye' Lopes

1971 - 2002


Lisa one of the three members of the group 'TLC', she was the lyrical addition to the hugely successful r'n'b group.  I loved these girls man they were wild and just were new to the scene and they were part of the 'idependant female era' which then other groups used to claim huge success.  Lopes also had her problems but her music she made with her group will live on...

Bob Marley

1945 -1981


He passed away 4 years before I was even born and still I rock this guys music, which goes to show how big of a star he is.  I love reggae music and Bob Marley was the man who introduced me to it from loving up the band the fugees I discovered Bob.  'No woman no cry' was the first track I heard and ever since I have been hooked to the reggae music Mr Marley provided.






No comments:

Post a Comment