Total Pageviews

Friday 12 August 2011

One Tree Hill

I was depressing myself with everything that is going and being able to do so little to help.  Yes I donated money to Somalia, Yes I gave some of my old clothes to those people who were made homeless by the riots in London, Yes I pray for the state of this world when I go mosque or when I pray at home, Yes I do other acts of charity/ community work to help out.  Is it really enough am I really giving enough of myself...
                                                                                                                             
This was really depressing me and I needed something to brighten my mood and forget what was going on.  I know it’s gonna sound stupid but One Tree Hill helps me zone out for a bit, hence the title of this blog post.


I think because I have been hooked on this TV show since University and have watched the characters grow up with me.  Can I just say if you have never seen this show you are missing out, I have all the box sets and am currently watching season 8 one episode at a time.  I had missed some of the episodes recently so I started watching on 4od to catch up.

This show I fell in love with because in the UK not many people share my passion for basket ball, but this show did, sometimes to extreme effects.  The characters attracted a wide variety of young adults and we could relate to them going through issues that we all go through.  I watched as Lucas, Brooke, Peyton, Hayley, Nathan, Clay, Quinn, Skills, Mouth, Alex and friends went through their highs and lows.  It wasn’t just them their parents and community members seemed to go through even more drama than these kids. 



Also it was about the music bringing to light some amazing artists and some amazing musical talents within the cast.  Gavin Degraw created the opening track and the episodes had performances and music from Lupe Fiasco, Fall Out Boy, Travis, Jimmy Eat World and many more.  Bethany Joy Galeotti and Kate Voegele were cast members who vices were also amazing and both perform in the show.  Recently there is a new edition with her amazing Irish accent and even more amazing voice LAURA IZIBOR.  The show allowed me appreciates music which I would have never really picked up and introduced me to some amazing musicians and amazing tracks.



Quotes seemed to be another thing that One Tree Hill had an excess of, Amazing quotes by amazing inspirational writers.  Lucas bought them to the forefront with other cast members, either ending or starting each show with a powerful quote which would be hard to forget.



The show for an hour at a time helps me forget what I’m doing and jump into their world and I wait for the next season every time.  This show and The O.C. go me through my university years.  What shows help you zone out?

No comments:

Post a Comment