Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 December 2012

Palestine

I heard the news that Palestine is now recognized as a official state after so long.  I was really happy when I heard the news and thought it was a great step for them to be finally recognized.

Then I thought about it a bit longer and thought really what difference does this make?  Is this going to stop Israel from continuing to do what it wants and continue to build on Palestinian land? Is this going to stop the suffering of all the displaced Palestinian refugees? Is this going to end the bloodshed?

The answer unfortunately is No, Israel will continue to do what it wants because it is still heavily protected by the US and the UN can impose sanctions that will more than likely be ignored.  No action will come of it and there will still be people suffering because of greed and power which will be masked by religion to present negative images of religions in the media.

I do think that to maybe end this war both sides need to accept each other.  It is clear that the Israeli's are not going to go anywhere and nor are the Palestinians.  So I think politicians need to address their people and clearly define borders for the loss of innocent young lives to be stopped.

I know there is the argument that Israel should not be here its an illegal state, but I don't think its is going to go anywhere.  I have my opinions on this also but I don't think this argument will never be resolved, and the only way it will is with a war that will take many innocent lives.

The land is Holy for everyone and I do think that the borders should be open to all people who wish to pray and see where their forefathers lived.  In a ideal world we could all share this land but we don't live in a ideal world and I know some of my views may be fantasy, but maybe... one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment