Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 December 2012

Half Marathon

So last month I ran a half marathon, something which I have wanted to do for a long time.  My friend was running it and he wanted some people to run with him, I run anyway so I agreed as I have wanted to run one.

Guess what I actually finished it 13.1 or .2 miles or whatever it was.  I didn't do my target time of 2 hours - 2 hours and 15 mins but that didn't matter really I was just glad I finished and wasn't last.  It was a good run I was happy running until mile 10 and then my knee started to hurt, so I walk/ran the rest of the last 3 miles.

So some tips for amateur runners like my self who go to run their first marathon (don't laugh they are serious);


  • Vaseline/ Lubricate your nipples - Mine hurt so much after the race, they hurt more than my legs.  I am being serious and no one told me about this prior to the race.  
  • Vaseline/ Lubricate the inside of your legs - They rub and after the race it hurts
  • Wear running socks - Yes there are things called running socks which no one told me about which apparently protect your toes
  • Cut your to nails - Cut them really short, I cut mine but obviously not short enough as my big toe nail was bruised
Some things I did do also which I recommend;

  • Eat pasta the day before
  • Eat banana's - secret weapon
  • Take a spare set of clothes to change into after
  • Do not wear boxers while you are running - they get irritating believe me
  • Drink a sports drink like Lucozade sport, Powerade etc to replace the nutrients you lose while you are running.    
Run happily and be free and take my advice especially to Lubricate your nipples and inner thighs, you will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment