Total Pageviews

Friday 6 January 2012

Is 26 OLD!!!

Bloggers

I currently work as a manager in a retail giant and I have people who are younger work for me.  Like when I was younger I worked for a retail store while I was going through college and university like these kids are.  I was at lunch in the canteen chatting to some of them, messing about and then the topic of age came up.  I asked them what years they were born because believe me I don’t feel much older than them, and I got the response of 1994, 1993 and there may have even been a 1990 in there.  I was feeling depressed already, as soon as that child said 1994 I was thinking wow, I was thinking where are my 80's babies man these guys are just kids. 

After the shock, tears and slitting of wrists (joke I do not self harm) I started speaking to them about TV and films that I watched when I was younger.  These guys had not even heard of Mighty Ducks, The Color Purple, Thundercats, A Time to Kill, Goonies, Remember the Titans and then I stopped and thought all you children are deprived.  Then I spoke to one of my younger cousins and his mates, they had also not heard of these films.  My cousin had heard of some but I was thinking how old am I, in my head I think I’m still 21 those extra 5 years that make me 26 do count.

Now I must take you back to the canteen with my work colleagues, the covers of the newspapers were all referring to the Stephen Lawrence murder trial.  These guys did not even know about the case, come on seriously I am not that much older than them how can they not know about the case.  I was even more shocked and rested my old self and just stopped.  I must make peace with the fact that 26 is old compared to some people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment